Optical Shaft Encoder (2-pack)
With the Quadrature Encoder's two output channels you can measure both the position and direction of rotation of a VEX shaft.
Price (excl. GST)$40.45
Sales price $40.45
13 in stock
With the Quadrature Encoder's two output channels you can measure both the position and direction of rotation of a VEX shaft. This will allow you to calculate the speed of the shaft, as well as the distance it has traveled; these are very useful measurements for autonomous programming. A Programming Kit is needed to change the program in the VEX Controller to use the Quadrature Encoder.
- Measure Angular Travel.
- Determine Rotational Direction.
- Calculate Shaft Speed.
- Calculate Distance Traveled.
- Increase Navigational Control.
- More Autonomous Functionality.
- (2)Optical Shaft Quadrature Encoder
- (4)8-32 3/8" Screw
- (4)Keps Nuts
|Downloads & Docs
Inventor's Guide - Optical Shaft Encoder
||All VEX Microcontrollers.
3-Wire Extension Cables.
- Type:Mechanical rotation
- Size:Standard VEX 1/8in shaft
- Sensor:Infrared light sensor and infrared LED
- Resolution:90 pulses per revolution
Connect to two interrupt inputs.
- White:control signal
- Optical Shaft Quadrature Encoder0.078 lbs (35.4 grams)
- 8-32 3/8" Screw0.0026 lbs (1.19 grams)
- Keps nut0.0029 lbs (1.32 grams)
Actual weight one one item (no packaging)